Wednesday 3 April 2013

Honoured guests

One of the great joys of blogging is seeing where readers come from: in addition to the Blogger stats page I also use the free version of Site Meter which gives much more detailed location information about visitors. I love it when I see a reader from a small town that I know well in France or Canada or Ireland, and equally am fascinated to think of somebody up in the Scottish highlands or Texas or Indonesia reading my words.

This evening, however, I had the location to trump all locations: a reader from the Holy See. I'm sure that my favourite priestly bloggers have entire delegations of internet visitors from Vatican City, and that more serious and longstanding bloggers can get a bit blasé about this sort of thing, but for me the novelty of somebody within a few hundred meters of the Holy Father reading my blog is seriously cool. So I'll drop any pretence of being cool myself (cool is way overrated) and say "Salve visitor from Vatican City and welcome! I hope you found something worth reading and please do come back: it would make my day!"

 

Domain Name vatican.va ? (Holy See (Vatican City State))
IP Address 212.77.0.# (Holy See - Vatican City State)
ISP Holy See - Vatican City State
Location
Continent : Europe
Country : Holy See (Vatican City State) (Facts)
Lat/Long : 41.9, 12.45 (Map)
Distance : 881 miles
Language Italian
it
Operating System Microsoft WinNT
Browser Internet Explorer 9.0
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0)
Javascript version 1.3
Monitor
Resolution : 1280 x 1024
Color Depth : 32 bits
Time of Visit Apr 3 2013 6:00:11 pm

 

No comments:

Post a Comment