The admin after an event like this is a major hassle: particularly dealing with insurance companies. I've had to try to remember every item that was in our van in order for the insurance company to value the contents. Thanks burglars: it's not like I have anything better to do with my time. Given that I have four children, and very often have several other people's children along for the ride as well, our van is very fully of stuff. Add to that the fact that we home educate, so that some children are often waiting for others in the van outside music or gymnastics or tennis lessons, and you a recipe for a vehicle full of books and trinkets and toys.
|Happier days: before some misreant broke into our house, stole the keys and drove off in it.|
They say that the contents of a woman's handbag says a lot about who she is; there's even a pseudoscience called "bagology" (no joke) that claims to accurately analyse personality based on handbag contents. My handbag is usually pretty sparce, but reading through the list of our van's contents I reckon that you could get a reasonable picture of life chez Annie-Elizabeth and family. So for no other reason than that, I've cut and pasted this list (minus boring details) which is very possibly unique in the history of insurance claims.
What does it tell you about us?
On dashboard / in dashboard compartments:-Copy of "The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis" vintage 1952 edition, intact slipcover
-Ladies' Sunglasses, tortoiseshell brown
-Silver Miraculous Medal: sterling silver on chain.
multi-phone charger - fits all phones with different ends
several CTS edition biographies of English Martyrs including:
- Edmund Campion
- John Fisher
- Thomas More
- Margaret Clitheroe
- John Southworth
Five Mantillas : Two white ones, three black ones. These look like lacy scarves.Copy of Magnificat (December 2012)Mason-Pearson large brown natural bristle hairbrush
Britax children's booster seat
Under passenger seat (there's a "hidden compartment" inside the seat: Two sets of jump leads 1 x large format spiral map of Greater ManchesterA-Z large format spiral Kent Street AtlasA-Z large format spiral London STreet Atlas
A-Z normal format London
A-Z normal format Liverpool and the Wirral
Large detailed map book of France - was either AA or Michelin European 2012 European map book - AA Fold out map of Northern Italy / AlpsAA Great Britain Road Atlas - 2012
Various miscellaneous items - pens, screen wipes, ice scrapers, etc.
Around the SECOND ROW OF SEATS:
2 x Children's Car seats of which:
1 x Maxi Cosi Rodi in Black Reflection - exactly the same
1 x Maxi cosi Priory XP in Leopard Skin print
2 x storage boxes under seats
- DK "Touch and Feel Kitten"
- Saint Jean Vianney Book - hard cover
- A few other younger children's books but we can't remember the titles unfortunately
Mini Boden boy's winter coat - age 3/4 kakhi green thick army style twill
Ladies winter ski jacket
On floor in front of second row of seats:
- 20kg sack of chicken food
- 15 kg Sack of Rabbit food
---------------------------------------Items in and around the THIRD ROW OF SEATS:
Two Maxi-Cosi Rodi car seats
2 x storage boxes
Books: on back seat and in storage boxes under side back seats:
- Enid Blyton: Five get into a fix (Famous Five #17)
- Enid Blyton: Five go to Demon's rocks( Famous Five #19)
- The Hobbit 70th Anniversary Edition (hardcover edition in slipcover; was Christmas present)
- The Three Musketeers early 20th C edition, red board covers.
- Jacinta of Fatima: Our Lady's Little Shepherdess (by Fernando Leite)
- Jesus Make Me Worthy - Children's Missal (white cover: First Holy Communion gift)
- Lord of the Rings - all three parts, paperback
- Just William book - not sure which one
- Saint Patrick's Summer: A Children's Adventure Catechism
- Mother Cabrini: Missionary to the World
- Mystery of the Vanished Prince (Five Finder Outers - Enid Blyton)
- "Fetch!" Magazine x 2 = Can't find a way to replace these much to my 8 year old's sorrow.
- Saint Kateri Tekawitha colouring book
- Saint Pius X colouring book
- Saint Dominic Savio colouring book
Millets "camping survival kit" in green cylinder with lid
In the boot:
Savic dog cage: "Savic Dog Residence" - medium sized cage
2 striped picnic blankets
Two large plastic storage boxes:
Safety equipment - 2 x flourescent tabard / jackets, 1 x Triangle, etc.